Stress reduction is vital to overcoming chronic illness and, with the added stress of a global pandemic, we want to share with you some resources for extra support.
Here are some of my favorites:
Quick and simple
- Calm app’s breathing exercise
- Soak up the sun and go for a walk to boost your immune system and mental health
- Simple exercises like legs up a wall
- Create a gratitude journal
More involved, but good for short and long term stress reduction
- Dr. Joe Dispenza’s meditations
- Dr. Cathleen King is a former patient of our Portland clinic who has really affordable and useful online classes that support healing through brain retraining, Vagus nerve exercises, and energy work. Found here.
- Introduction to meditation and breathwork with another patient and fellow chronic illness warrior Erin Yakunich on Instagram or Facebook
- Stanley Rosenburg’s Vagus Nerve exercises
- Limbic retraining program DNRS